- A nationwide quest to uncover India’s esports superstar
- Unique one-versus-one twist on Dota 2, the world’s most popular esports game
- Online and offline qualifier events across 20 Indian cities, followed by grand finals
- Red Bull R1v1r Runes comes to India for second consecutive year; one of seven host countries
6th September, INDIA: After a successful debut in 2018, international esports event Red Bull R1v1r Runes is set to return to India. R1v1r Runes makes the world’s most popular esports game Dota 2 even more exciting, by replacing its strategic team-based play with a more intense and exciting one-vs-one contest. With shorter, more action-packed matches, Red Bull R1v1r Runes brings all the right ingredients for competitions that are more intense for players and entertaining for spectators. Last year, Sahil ‘MiCrO’ Viradia from Mumbai emerged as the best Dota 2 Player in the country at the National Finals of Red Bull R1v1r Runes
This year, gamers from around the country have a chance to compete across an expansive schedule of qualifiers. Starting 3rd September, players can participate in online qualifiers as well as offline qualifying events that will be taking place in 20 cities across India, namely Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Dehradun, Nashik, Ahmedabad, Indore, Chennai, Indore, Goa, Pondicherry, Mangalore, Silchar, Bhubnshwar, Kolkata, Guwahati, Jalandar, Lucknow, and Delhi.
The winner of the Red Bull R1v1r Runes National Finals will get the opportunity to meet a member of Team OG, the winners of The International 2018, which is the world’s biggest, most lucrative and most hotly contested esports competition. The Red Bull R1v1r Runes India champion will win an all-expenses paid trip for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
India’s leading esports company, Nodwin Gaming, will be collaborating with Red Bull once again to take R1v1r Runes to an even larger audience across the country.
“Red Bull R1v1r Runes presents a unique approach to the incredibly popular Dota 2 game. With Its 1V1 approach, the format is a lot more accessible, not just to esports players, but also skilled gamers who are looking to make their mark in the booming Indian esports scene,” said Akshat Rathee, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Nodwin Gaming. "Red Bull is a partner that excels in new formats across the world and we believe we have a great platform for gamers to showcase their skills. We look forward to working together in our singular goal of providing the best for our gamers"
In 2019, the Red Bull R1v1r Runes tournaments are being hosted by seven countries: India, Croatia, Germany, Philippines, Russia, Ukraine and the UK
How to play Red Bull R1v1r Runes
- Go to Arcade in Dota 2
- In the Search bar type "Red Bull R1v1r Runes" and you will see the game
- Install the game and create a lobby with a password and share the password on the match chat/match page to your opponent
- Get in touch with your opponent in the Match page or on Discord
- Play and report the results
How to participate: Offline
- Go to – https://participate.redbull.com/en/events/red-bull-river-runes/2019
- Select the city of your choice; exact date and venue address are listed
- Fill out the registration form and await your email confirmation
- Be present at the venue on the given date and time
How to participate: Online
- Go to – https://play.eslgaming.com/india/redbull-riverrunes
- Click on the qualifier you want to participate in based on the date that suits you
- Track the schedule and instructions that will be sent to you on email
- Red Bull R1v1r Runes participants must be 16 years of age or older
- Participant must be a natural born citizen of the country in which the tournament is being held
- Participants will be required to play through their own Steam account
- Tournament updates, brackets and matches will be shared on the Red Bull R1v1r Runes Discord channel
Live support and queries will be answered on the same Discord channel – https://discord.gg/QsMcX64
For more details, visit: https://www.redbull.com/in-en/events/red-bull-r1v1r-runes/
Join the discussion with #redbullr1v1rrunes
For images and videos, visit: www.redbullcontentpool.com